Sunday, 11 June 2017
At the moment we have 10 habits that include resilient, curious, creative, adventurous, purposeful, contributive, compassionate, responsive, remorseful. I I were to add another one I would make it teamwork I think that this would be a great addition to the habits because its something that hpss strives to achieve. Being a part of a group is something that is the core of hobsonville values and teamwork can strive to create a better relationship between student to student, teacher to teacher and student to teacher. Teamwork can create a better and more inclusive environment to learn and makes more introverted people be able to share there ideas.
Sunday, 28 May 2017
I got the personality of campaigner. Some of the traits that come with this is things like, being a leader. I think that this is quite accurate because I hate to be the one being told what to do, Some things that are a downside to this category is things like being a perfectionist. I think that this is true because I tend to not want to show people things unless its perfect. I do think that this test was very accurate, although it was quite inconvenient when we had to answer the 100 questions. The link to the test is - https://www.16personalities.com/
Sunday, 7 May 2017
I dont feel that I am reaching my full potential. I feel like i'm flying under the radar a little and am only just doing the bare minimum. I need to complete my work to a higher standard if I want to get back to a place that I feel comfortable with. I know that this is not my best.
Sunday, 30 April 2017
- One idea in this article was that personal excellence is something that is unique to you and your goals I found it interesting because we have been taught for so long that we are to compare ourselves to our peers.
- This article made me think about what my goals are and if they are relevant to what I want to achieve in the long run.
- This helped me to understand that we all learn at different paces and we shouldnt compare ourselves to others around us because they are just on a different journey.
- I will be able to use the idea that we are all at different places in our life in my career because it will help me to achieve personal excellence.
- An example of someone I know who does this is the teachers at hpss and what they do is make sure that we all are comfortable and challenged with the learning position we are in.
Tuesday, 21 March 2017
His goal was to stop swearing as much. He thinks that he isn't going as well as he would have hoped, Some strategies that he could use to improve and move forward would be to think before he says it. It comes naturally to him but mainly when he is angry. Its mostly when he talks to people it just comes out and he thinks that he needs to control this. Three things that he can do to complete this goal, think before he speaks, think of other alternate words to use instead of them. The reason this is such a big goal for him is because it was the reason he got kicked out of martin's hub. He feels that it wasn't the right fit for him anyway.
Sunday, 26 February 2017
Today we where paired with new people in the hub and made to be there critical friend. We where asked to evaluate there goals through our own eyes and see what the realistic future of it was. It was actually quite good to see what might actually happen and what was more of a long term goal. Even though I think that most people would have like to be paired with there friends it was good to get another opinion that wasn't in you friends circle. Overall I think that I learned more about my hub members in this exercise.